Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Badlands Circuit Finals and the Miss Rodeo North Dakota Pageant

North Dakota’s reputation as a very COLD state held true this weekend as I ventured north for the Miss Rodeo North Dakota pageant and the Badlands Circuit Finals in Minot, North Dakota. The Minot Y’s Men’s Committee did an outstanding job producing this standout rodeo. During the weekend I enjoyed participating in the Wild West Special Rodeo, carrying many sponsor flags, and presenting the South Dakota flag each performance. At the rodeo I also had the opportunity to meet 8-time PRCA Announcer of the Year, Bob Tallman and 5-time PRCA Comedy Act of the Year, Troy Lerwill. The Badlands Circuit Finals rodeo was truly an amazing arena brimming with champion talent. After all of the go-arounds several South Dakota cowboys and cowgirls came out on top in the Circuit Finals standings and will travel on the Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo in Pocatello, Idaho next April.

The circuit finals are also the host home to the Miss Rodeo North Dakota pageant. Special thanks to the Miss Rodeo North Dakota board for including me in their breakfasts, luncheons, and for allowing me to show off my modeling skills. In the end, Tiffany Kuntz came out on top as Miss Rodeo North Dakota 2010. It was a long, snowy trip back home to Rapid City but I was very thankful to have my reliable Dodge Durango to get me through the snow and ice. Thank you again to all of my wonderful sponsors helped me utilize this wonderful vehicle!

My buddy Sterling and I at the Wild West Special Rodeo

Jessinta and I at the Miss Rodeo North Dakota breakfast

Miss Rodeo North Dakota contestant, Sadie Warner and I

Jessinta Hammer, MRND, and I trying to stay warm during the
Badlands Circuit Finals. Can you see the snow in the background?

Proud to carry the South Dakota flag!

No comments: