Sunday, April 19, 2009

SDSU Jackrabbit Stampede Rodeo

The month of April was a spectacular month as Miss Rodeo South Dakota. I started off the month in my college town of Brookings, SD. I was honored to judge the Jackrabbit Stampede Ambassador Contest. There were five lovely contestants and I truly enjoyed getting to know each one during the pageant. Congratulations to Becca Stevens, who will represent South Dakota State University as the new Jackrabbit Stampede Ambassador, you will do an amazing job! A special thank you to Tammi Cole-Rebelein, the Jackrabbit Stampede Ambassador Coordinator, for allowing me to be apart of the pageant, I had an amazing time! After the pageant it was time to rodeo! I got to participate in four college rodeo performances and the Sutton Saddle Bronc Match. Once again the Sutton Rodeo Company did an exceptional job producing the rodeo and I feel very lucky to be involved with their rodeos throughout my reign. Another big thank you goes to my friend and past equestrian teammate Anna Taylor, for allowing me to stay at her house during the week, thank you!


SDSU Jackrabbit Stampede Ambassador Pageant

Miss Rodeo SDSU 2008, Erica Reinesch and I 
at the Jackrabbit Stampede Ambassador Pageant

Friend and former SDSU equestrian teammate, 
Kelsey Likness and I before the rodeo

(L to R) Myself, Erica Reinesch - Miss Rodeo SDSU, Amber Dell - Miss Range Days Rodeo Queen, and Courtney Peterson - Miss Rodeo Aberdeen at the Jackrabbit Stampede.

Carrying sponsor flags at the 55th Annual SDSU Jackrabbit Stampede Rodeo

No comments: